Nebraska January 1 Cattle Inventory totaled 6.80 million head

Nebraska January 1 Cattle Inventory totaled 6.80 million head
Photo Credit:AgView | Story Source: USDA-NASS

All cattle and calves in Nebraska as of January 1, 2019totaled 6.80 million head, unchanged from January 1, 2018, according to the USDA’s National Agricultural Statistics Service.

 

All cows and heifers that had calved totaled 2.00 million head, up 2 percent from last year.Beef cows totaled 1.94 million head, up 2 percent from last year.Milk cows totaled 59,000 head, down 2 percent from January 1, 2018.All heifers 500 pounds and over totaled 1.91 million head, unchanged from last year.Steers weighing 500 pounds and over totaled 2.38 million head, down 4 percent from last year.Bulls weighing 500 pounds and over totaled 110,000 head, unchanged from last year.Calves under 500 pounds totaled 400,000 head, up 21 percent from January 1, 2018.

 

All cattle on feed fed for slaughter in Nebraska feedlots totaled 2.75 million head, down2 percent from the previous year.The 2018 calf crop totaled 1.75 million head, up 3 percent from 2017.